Week two of bowl preparation started Friday, as the Ducks were back at it after a three-day break.…
GoDucks offers increased access to Quack Cave
The public facing version of the Quack Cave highlights four key areas of content:
· One tab, titled the "Quack Cave", features a "best of" compilation of social media content.
· A second tab, titled "Official Ducks" includes all of the University's official social media streams, as well as individual tab views for many of the University sports teams
· A third tab is titled "Personalities" and includes content being shared by coaches and staff members, as well as student athletes themselves.
· The last tab titled "Duck Fans" features content generated by the fans themselves via Duck-specific hashtags such as #GoDucks, #QuackCave or #NationalBrand. By aggregating, moderating and visualizing user-generated content, the Quack Cave facilitates increased conversation and sharing amongst the Ducks' online community.
Launched in August, the Quack Cave is located deep in the bowels of Autzen Stadium, and is powered by Postano™, the innovative social media visualization platform. The Quack Cave enables its student volunteers to review, moderate and share the 150,000+ posts generated by fans every football game. This has allowed the school to facilitate increased social sharing and national buzz around the Duck brand.
While the Quack Cave has initially been focused on supporting football, it is expected that the command center will expand within its role as the hub of Oregon social media engagement.
"The Quack Cave has delivered on each and every one of our objectives, and the technologies that we have invested in, such as Postano™, have enabled our student volunteers to fully leverage the content and energy being created by Duck Fans nationwide, and facilitate increased interaction within the community. We look forward to utilizing the Quack Cave's proven capabilities to further enhance and support all of the school's athletic endeavors going forward," said Craig Pintens, Senior Associate Athletic Director for the University of Oregon Athletic Department.
Dawgman.com Recommended Stories
Weekend Observations - UW/Pac 12 (Week 13)
It's hard to believe that we are coming down to the last week of the regular season. Washington appears to be gaining some momentum as they head into the Apple Cup. However, before we look ahead, it's…Read More
Odell Beckham makes catch of the year
Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham made what has to be the most incredible catch of the NFL season. Check out the highlight reel grab!Read More
Huskies Claw Clear of Tigers
SEATTLE - Led by the veterans - senior forward Shawn Kemp and guards Andrew Andrews and Nigel Williams-Goss - the Washington Huskies took care of the Pacific Tigers 76-70 in the first game of the Marv…Read More
Seniors Earn Hard Won Send-off
SEATTLE - It's late, around 2:55 am Sunday morning. Maybe that makes it too early? At this point the only thing that matters to me is the story at hand, which is Washington's 37-13 win over Oregon…Read More
Defense Secretary Hagel Stepping Down
Breaking: Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down amidst growing concerns over U.S. handling of global unrest.Read More
- OT: Explain your handle (if it isn't obvious)
- Site deterioation
- Vote for Shaq
- OT: Who are you rooting for tomorrow? USC it UCLA?
- This is the first time that I haven't read MEANDERINGs in years.